Sunday, January 12, 2014

Sunday Shopping

We received excellent news at the Hollywood Farmers Market today.

Cafecito Organico is soon going to start selling americanos again. They served them years ago, but market politics required them to give up their espresso machine and just serve drip coffee. It's good coffee - fair trade, organic, shade grown - and I buy a cup each week to sip as we stroll the market, but I miss the americanos.

An americano is an espresso with extra hot water added - also known as an allongé - and I find it easier on my stomach and my nerves than drip coffee. (I rarely drink coffee except for Sunday mornings.)

They will be setting up in the Farmers Kitchen on Selma, just east of Vine. I was told they'll definitely be ready in February. I can't wait.

In the meantime, we bought a few organic vegetables to eat this week:
9 red potatoes
1 onion
4 grapefruit
cilantro
10 limes
dandelion greens
7 tangerines
parsley
romaine lettuce
1 orange sweet potato
1 smallish spaghetti squash
1 lb khadrawy dates
green curly kale
bloomsbury spinach
1 dozen eggs
enoki mushrooms
2 bartlett pears
2 pink lady apples
3 summer field apples
1 winesap apple
1 bunch spring onions
1 bunch young beets with greens
1 red leaf lettuce
St. Benoit Yogurt!!!! - 1 quart plain, 4 cups of plain and 1 cup lemon

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear your yogurt is back.
    What is that white blob in the lower right corner of the photo? Enoki mushrooms?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good eye! Yes, a big clump of them. I'm planning miso soup for Wednesday. I'll let you know if it turns out well.

    ReplyDelete