Thursday, January 16, 2014

Lemony Beet Greens

We ate leftover root vegetable gratin yesterday. I haven't posted the recipe yet, but I will, because it is both delicious and decadent. I made it with the leftover whipping cream from Christmas.

I wanted a simple and zesty green dish to contrast with the creamy root vegetables. This is what I did:

Lemony Beet Greens
1 bunch beet greens
1 tbsp oil
3 cloves garlic
1/4 cup diced onion
2 tbsp lemon juice
salt and pepper

Remove the stems from the beet greens and wash the greens.

Warm the oil in a medium skillet. Add the garlic, onions and greens. Stir to combine. Let cook 5 minutes or so, stirring occasionally. Squeeze in the lemon juice and stir in the salt and pepper to taste. Let cook another few minutes until the onions are soft and the beets are a good consistency. Season to taste and serve.

Serves 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment