Sunday, November 19, 2017

Sunday Shopping

It was very busy at the Hollywood Farmers Market at 10 to 8 this morning. I guess people went early to shop for Thanksgiving dinner. I love holidays with lots of vegetables, although I've been restraining myself from buying too many squashes to use as decorations. Temperatures are set to head up into the 90s again - not conducive to storing squash.

Robin from Koda Farms was there on her monthly visit - just in time because we finished the brown rice this week. I was happy to buy another 5 lb bag. I store it in the freezer to keep it fresh, although we always eat our way through it quickly.

I also stocked up on red peppers from Tutti Frutti Farms. It's the time of year when they're less expensive, and I like to roast and peel them before stashing them in the freezer, ready to sweeten our soups and stews all year. I also picked up a handful of jalapeƱos to freeze, ready to spice up our winter meals.

Here's what we'll be eating this week:
yukon gold potatoes, onions, red peppers, broccoli, eggs, jalapeƱos, carrots, cilantro, oranges, brown rice, persimmons, avocados, grapefruit, tangerines, apples.


No comments:

Post a Comment