Thursday, November 28, 2013

Giving Thanks


On Thanksgiving Day I give thanks to all the farmers and their families and the farmworkers for growing the beautiful food that keeps me healthy.

Every week at the Hollywood Farmers Market I look in amazement at the piles of fresh organic fruit and vegetables, and I place my dollars with gratitude in the dirt-grimed hands of the farmers who grew them.

Thank you Jorge and Jared; Finley Farms and St. Benoit yogurt makers; Mr. Ha; James at Flora Bella; the growers of almonds, walnuts and pistachios; the South Central Farmers Cooperative; and Tutti Frutti.

Your hard work helps keep us healthy and strong.

We will raise a glass to you at our Thanksgiving table, as we enjoy the food you raised from the earth.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Joy and family, we appreciate your friendship so much! Happy Thanksgiving! We are so thankful for you. Regards, David and Kyung (and James) Ha's Apple Farm

    ReplyDelete