Saturday, August 10, 2013

Stone fruit

The plums, nectarines and peaches are just beautiful this year. I gathered a few at the market, along with some ripening avocados.

They make a beautiful still life in the kitchen.

I make sure to check through them each day for ripeness. Ripe fruit is either eaten immediately or goes in the fridge until we're ready for it.

Checking them every day ensures that I catch any softening fruit before it starts to go off.

And it gives me an opportunity to arrange a different work of art every day.

2 comments:

  1. We use your technique for keeping an eye on ripening summer fruit. Unfortunately, we haven’t had much luck with the peaches this year, but the nectarines are great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm having better luck with peaches than nectarines. I don't know why it is.

    ReplyDelete