Sunday, February 23, 2014

Sunday Shopping

I woke up at 4 a.m. this morning to watch the gold-medal hockey game.

I had thought I would putter around, cleaning out the fridge, planning the week's menus, making a shopping list while watching the game.

But instead I curled up under a blanket with a mug of tea, the game on the t.v., and the Canada hockey blog on the iPad mini. And there I stayed until almost 7 a.m. when the medals had been awarded and Canadians around the world who had also been following the hockey blog were submitting schmaltzy celebration photos.

After all that excitement, I did not feel like doing anything as mundane as thinking about food. So we went to the Hollywood Farmers Market with no list, and not even any thoughts about what we'll be eating this week.

This is what, in my sleep-deprived yet quite happy state, we came home with:
1 butternut squash
1 orange kabocha squash
2 white sweet potatoes
5 small red potatoes
1 jar almond butter
2 dozen eggs
2 onions
broccoli
carrots
red lettuce
celery
2 fennel bulbs
5 pink lady apples
9 oranges
collard greens
1 quart and 4 cups plain yogurt
6 grapefruit
2 bartlett pears
1 pomelo
6 satsuma tangerines

No comments:

Post a Comment