Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Pineapple Guavas

If you read this blog regularly, you've probably realized that I'll try anything (vegetarian) once. I even tried pickled okra and found it was surprisingly good.

So when our organic grapefruit provider, Jorge, said he had pineapple guavas, I had to buy some. (Four for a dollar - what a deal.)

They are about 3 inches long, and have a soft green skin. Jorge told us to eat the whole thing except the calyx.

So yesterday morning I sliced a couple and put them on our morning fruit.

While they did taste faintly pineapple-y, I was most struck by the floral-ness. It tasted like I was eating flowers.

I understand a lot of people really enjoy this. I did not. They weren't Larry's favorite either - he asked how many days we would be eating them.

I assured him there were only two left, so only one more morning of fragrant floral fruit.

I'm really glad we tried them because I've always been curious. And now I know they're not my thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment