Saturday, September 14, 2013

Dodger Grilled Cheese

We went to Dodger Stadium last night to watch the Dodgers face their arch rival San Francisco Giants.

It was a beautiful night for baseball. Before darkness fell, we looked out at the backdrop of the Hollywood Hills, the San Gabriel Mountains, and lots of palm trees.

When we got to the stadium, we found our seats and then looked for food. The concessions within a few sections of our seats sold Dodger Dogs, fries (with garlic optional), and grilled cheese sandwiches.

I had the grilled cheese. (Yum - not. You can see it above.) The server offered me ranch dressing on the side. She seemed surprised when I refused it, but why put extra fat on a grilled cheese?

So we sat in the stands, eating a grilled cheese and a Dodger dog, and watched an ad on the big screen for Healthy LA: Children holding signs saying "Feed me healthy food. Give me a safe park to play in. Or treat my diabetes." Etc. The next ad was for Carl's Jr. (a huge bacon hamburger thing).

I wandered around in later innings and found a healthy food truck tucked into a dark corner under a single light bulb. I could have bought a salad (large box of lettuce) for $8. Or a veggie cup (I can't describe it to you because I couldn't see it in the dark) for $6. There was no line here.

Is it any wonder obesity is a problem?

No comments:

Post a Comment