Sunday, August 24, 2014

Sunday Shopping

As we passed the Flora Bella stand at the Hollywood Farmers Market today, I assured Larry that I was going to show great restraint and not buy one of their adorable spaghetti squashes. And I didn't. I did, however, bring home a small pumpkin. It feels early for these autumn fruits, but it was a cute one  that I couldn't resist. I hope it's cool enough this week to turn on the oven to bake it.

Here's what we came home with:
4 mountain-grown peaches, 1 small watermelon, 6 ears of corn, 1 red sails lettuce, 1 red butter lettuce, 3 small bartlett pears, 1 white patty pan squash, green grapes, 2 small romaine lettuces, 3 zucchinis, 8 shiitake mushrooms, 2 red peppers, 4 shallots, 4 lbs marzano and early girl tomatoes, 2 onions, 2 garlic, 1 small pumpkin, 4 honey crisp apples, pistachios in the shell, 1 dozen eggs, 3 yellow peaches

And an armload of second-hand cookbooks from the annual  sale benefitting the Los Angeles Library. All together a good shopping morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment