Monday, January 3, 2011

Whole Foods


East Coast Trip part 7

On our way from Maryland to Pennsylvania we stopped at the Baltimore Inner Harbor, where we found a Whole Foods, bought bread and fruit to go with our Amish cheese, and picnicked by the water.

I rarely shop at Whole Foods when I'm at home - I prefer to support the farmers market and my local independent health food store - but when travelling I gravitated towards it like the stereotypical American in Paris honing in on McDonald's.

At the Whole Foods in Arlington, VA, we picked up salads that we ate at a service center on the Pennsylvania Turnpike - way better than any of the fast food options available.

It's so easy to eat badly when on the road, but carrying healthy food and being disciplined about not eating in the car meant we ended our road trip the same size we started it - not an easy feat in Fast Food America.

No comments:

Post a Comment