Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Barbecue Corn


We had a good dinner Sunday night.

Larry barbecued the organic corn to perfection. That, with baked potatoes and a tomato salad made with a fresh-picked Brandywine from the garden, made for a great summer supper.

I had pulled back the husks on the corn and removed the silk. Then I replaced the husks and tied them with a piece of string. Normally I would have soaked them for 20 minutes while Larry lit the coals, but I was talking to my mother on the phone and Larry started dinner without me.

And he did great.

He placed the unsoaked corn directly on the grill, and every few minutes he picked an ear up with tongs and sprayed it with water. This prevented the string from catching fire and stopped the husks from getting too burned.

Meanwhile, inside the husks, the heat was concentrating the flavor of the corn kernels. After about 20 minutes, we shucked the corn and ate it straight - no butter or seasoning. Mmmmmm.

1 comment:

  1. What a fabulous dinner made with with all my favorites - potatoes, tomatoes and corn! Now all I need is a grill!

    ReplyDelete