Saturday, December 12, 2015

Pomegranate Relish

Since I decided to serve cranberries in a salad instead of a sauce, I was left with the need for a relish to go with the ham. I decided slightly sweet and minty would fit the bill, and served up this accompaniment of pomegranate seeds tossed with fresh mint. The slight crunch of the pomegranate seeds was a nice contrast to the Goat Cheese and Spinach Phyllo Extravaganza as well.

Plus it lasted a few days in the fridge - good with all the leftovers. It's colors are so festive I'll probably serve it again at Christmas.

Pomegranate Relish
1 tsp minced shallot
1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
3 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp grated lemon zest
2 tsp lemon juice
2 tsp red wine vinegar
1/2 cup chopped mint
salt and pepper

I combined everything in a small bowl and served it. Yum.

Makes about 1/2 cup of fresh sweet-tart relish.

No comments:

Post a Comment