Sunday, May 17, 2015

Sunday Shopping

It was cool and moist at the Hollywood Farmers Market this morning - I'm looking forward to a week in the 60s - good gardening weather.

But in the meantime, I had to buy food to eat while my garden grows. (The fava beans are excellent, but slugs ate the lettuce seedlings, and my peppers and eggplants are still very tiny.)

Fortunately, there are professional farmers who produce masses of produce to feed me. Here's what we bought from them this week:

15 oranges, 2 tangelos, 14 potatoes, 2 red onions, a bag of baby arugula and a bunch of big arugula, scallions, red butter lettuce, 2 small zucchini, 1 pomelo, 1 dozen eggs, 4 small plain yogurt, 4 tomatoes, asparagus, 1 avocado, raisins, 7 pink lady apples, 8 satsuma tangerines, carrots and a cucumber.


No comments:

Post a Comment