Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Barbecued Mushrooms

We had our Labor Day weekend barbecue on Sunday. Larry cooked a hamburger for himself, using grass-fed organic beef from Rocky Canyon Farms, and some shiitake mushrooms for me.

I selected large mushrooms at the market, removed the stems, and cut shallow slits in the side with gills. I mashed 3 cloves of garlic with the leaves from a dozen sprigs of thyme - it turned out to be equal quantities of garlic and thyme. I pushed this into the slits and filled the caps with the remainder. I brushed the mushrooms with olive oil, and then Larry grilled them for about 5 minutes until they were soft.

This simple recipe was delicious. The mushrooms were fragrant and earthy, altogether a great dish to celebrate the start of autumn.

No comments:

Post a Comment