Sunday, March 20, 2011

Pickled Okra Update


You might remember that when we went back East in September I tasted pickled okra for the first time and actually liked it. My previous okra experiences had been of the slimy kind. But when it's pickled, okra is crisp and tasty.

When I got back to Los Angeles, I looked for it in my local grocery stores, but couldn't find it. I feared I was going to have to make my own pickles this summer.

But I have good news.

My local supermarket is now carrying Talk o' Texas hot pickled okra.

I diced some up and added it to my lunch time bean salad. Yum. Not as spicy as pickled jalapeƱos, but more flavor than regular pickles. Okra has many benefits for the digestive system, so it's a good addition to a meal.

And now I don't have to make my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment